- Our facility is under the guidance of two full time directors/owners and a full time certified head teacher.
- We also have one full-time teacher assistant, who was born and raised in Hungary where she received her teacher’s certification.
- One part-time music instructor.
- One part-time off campus chef, who delivers all homemade/ fresh cooked lunch.
About Us: Our Staff
Staff members show love and encouragement by:
- Reinforcing positive behavior through rewards and incentives.
- Using encouragement rather than competition, comparison or criticism.
- Giving hugs and caring to each child every day.
- Listen and appreciate the child’s point of view.
- Staff members intervene when necessary by:
- Redirecting the child to a new activity in order to change the focus of their behavior.
- Communicating with the child so they may better understand the situation at hand.
- Using “quiet time” to remove the child for a few minutes from the area of activity so that he/she may regain self-control.
- Providing alternative activities and acceptable ways to release feelings.
- Pointing out natural or logical consequence of the child’s behavior.
- Offering a choice only if there are two acceptable options.
- Criticizing the behavior, never the child.
Potty training, is practiced and encouraged for all children who show readiness and interest in potty training. Those children under potty training are encouraged every 40-45 minutes. Proper hygiene, is practiced and taught to all children who can wash hands and teeth.
Staff member at Play Learn and Care:
- Treat each child as an individual who will develop at his/her own rate.
- Are calm, patient, and show a matter of fact attitude when potty training.
- Clearly communicate the behavior that is expected of the child.
- Anticipate gradual, rather than instant success.
- Do not employ negative discipline (punishment, scolding, or shaming).
- Observe each child to determine readiness.
- Encourage and praise each child for success and are understanding of accidents.
- Switch from diapers to underwear when the child is ready.
- Encourage the child’s ability to learn.